ATI’s Q46H/79S Total Chlorine Monitor is designed for continuous water quality monitoring of total chlorine using iodometric chemistry and a unique sensing technique. Here are the features and specifications of the monitor:
- Measurement Technique: The monitor utilizes iodometric chemistry and a unique sensing technique to measure released iodine. The iodine is stripped from the solution using an air-stripping system.
- Auto-Chem Module: The system incorporates an Auto-Chem module that provides chemical treatment of the sample, air stripping of the released iodine, gas sample conditioning, and measurement of iodine gas.
- Non-Contact Measurement: The iodine measurement is made without any contact between the water sample and the sensor. This eliminates the effects of sample contaminants that can cause fouling and contamination of standard electrodes, ensuring greater operational reliability.
- Measurement of Total Chlorine: The monitor measures total chlorine using the EPA-recommended iodometric measurement technique. The sample reacts with buffer and potassium iodide before the measurement is taken.
- Outputs: Two isolated 4-20 mA outputs are standard, with one output programmable for proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control function.
- Power Options: The chemistry module has power options available.
- Control Relays: The monitor includes three control relays with adjustable deadband and time delay.
- Communication Options: The monitor supports communication options such as Profibus-DP, Modbus-RTU, or Ethernet-IP.
- Display: The monitor features a clear, back-lit large LCD display that provides additional information and programming prompts.
- Applications: The Q46H/79S Total Chlorine Monitor is suitable for various applications, including potable water, wastewater effluent, and industrial cooling water.
Key benefits of the Q46H/79S Total Chlorine Monitor include its reliability as a residual chlorine analyzer, gas-phase sensing capability, non-contact measurement of total chlorine, and the unique sensing technique for measuring released iodine.
For more information or support, you can contact ATI’s team of experts who are available to assist with any queries you may have about their products or services.