The SVAN 979 Class 1 Sound & Vibration Analyzer is our flagship device. Your first impression will be the amazing OLED display which features excellent visibility in all light conditions.
The instrument’s lightweight and durable aluminium housing not only gives a sense of a firm grip but also protects the valuable electronic device from damage and any influence from electromagnetic interference.
The SVAN 979 has a very large dynamic range of measurement – over 110dB. It’s high-quality GRAS 40AE microphone allows measurement in the frequency range starting as low as 3 Hz. The measurement path has been designed to allow the use of other microphones should you want to measure very low frequencies or very high levels of noise. The microphone preamplifier has also been reinforced with a collar to protect against mechanical damage. One amazing feature of the SVAN 979 is that if you disconnect the microphone preamplifier then you can use the instrument for vibration measurements – simply connect up a cable and a vibration sensor.
The SVAN 979 has an extensive range of hardware and firmware add-ons that includes built-in Bluetooth®, windscreen infrared detector, direct connections to GPS module, GPRS or Wireless LAN modem or the totally unique built-in vibration shock sensor that warns the user whenever the instrument itself is exposed to vibrations that may influence the noise measurements. Two USB connectors allow for the simultaneous operation of USB pen-drives and communication with the computer.
Usage of this number of advanced features at the same time is possible as the instrument has two high-speed digital signal processors. For example, the SVAN 979 is capable of measuring 2 ms steps of time history, logged simultaneously to audio recording (with 48kHz sampling) and real-time frequency analysis. Only the SVAN 979 can meet such a challenge. All data is stored on a microSD card of any capacity (default is 16GB) .
It is also important to note that unlike other brands which recalculate FFT spectrum to octave bands, the SVAN 979 performs frequency analysis in real-time, whether in octaves, third octaves all the way up to 1/12 octaves. Setting up such advanced measurements can be very complicated but not in the SVAN 979. The intuitive menu structure of this instrument has been designed to make the measurement experience a pleasure.
- Class 1 IEC 61672:2002 sound level measurements
- General vibration measurements (acceleration, velocity and displacement)
- Three parallel independent profiles
- 1/1, 1/3 octave real-time analysis
- 1/6 or 1/12 octave real-time analysis (Optional)
- FFT real-time analysis 1600 lines in up to 22.4 kHz band
- Time-domain signal recording
- Advanced data logger including spectra’s logging and Audio Events Recording
- Reverberation Time measurements
- Pure tone detection
- Acoustic loudness measurements
- Advanced trigger and alarm functions
- User programmable Band-Pass Filters
- Windscreen and extension cable auto detection
- Built-in self vibration measurements
- Micro SD card for mass data memory
- USB 1.1 Host interface providing remote communication by GPRS
- LAN & WLAN or GPS time synchronisation and many other functional extensions
- USB 1.1 Client interface (real-time PC “front end”)
- Bluetooth, RS 232 and IrDA interfaces
- Super contrast (10000:1) colour OLED display
- Built-in signal generator
- All weather microphone protection SA 205
- Hand held, light weight and robust case
- Easy in use